Sinister: A summer wasting

Ailsa Watson ailsa_watson72 at xxx.com
Mon Aug 13 15:28:38 BST 2007

Yo, long time no see, Sinister.  All this excitement about picnics.  It has
been SIX WHOLE YEARS since I picnicked in London, sitting outside the R!A!H!
with some of you lot.  A long LONG time ago.  Sadly I can't make this one as
I am all growed up now and have to move into my shiny new house that
weekend.  I *could* just fly down for the weekend and leave the mister
surrounding by packing crates, cursing me, but in the long run I think it's
best that I don't.  I shall raise a glass or two in yr honour though, and
remember all of the great things that have happened as a result of this daft
wee list.  Friendships, weekends, drinking, fun, festivals, weddings,
babies.  Not bad for a bunch of twee bedroom-inhabiting socially-inept
nambly-pamblers.

Talking of festivals, Mr Ian A (who I met at Bowlie, atop a sand dune at
stupid o'clock in the morning, and scribbled down the URL for Sinister
because he seemed like the sort of bloke who'd like it here) said the
following:

>On the up-side, I am going to the CONNECT FESTIVAL.
>Which is in SCOTLAND and has TEENAGE FANCLUB, amongst others, playing.
>I think there might be other Sinistereens attending too..apparently at
>least one member, of far greater Sinister Stature than myself....but
>hopefully they'll post about that...  Is anyone else coming??  It'll
>be FUN, and not WET.

By member of far greater Sinister Stature, I'm guessing he is meaning the
very lovely Glam Pam.  However, I'm going too!  It is one exciting old
lineup for people like me who don't care about young people's music any
more.  I am quite extraordinarily excited at the prospect of standing in a
not-muddy field listening to the Jesus and Mary Chain and the Fire Engines,
though not so much at camping.  Festivals in holiday camps have ruined the
"joy" of portaloos and traipsing through mud for me.

Enjoy yr picnicking!

ailsa xx