Sinister: Get Me Away From Here, I'm Hungry

Krister Bladh kristerbladh at xxx.org
Thu Aug 16 22:41:25 BST 2007

dear sinister,
i also haven't written for a few years (that's what it feels like, but apparently it was just one). don't ask me why, i've been meaning to so many times. maybe it's just because of the sad fact that we can actually live without sinister - the safe haven always there to fall back on - these days. maybe we've actually got lives that are possible to live without clinging on to b&s to help us through it. i used to have to listen to b&s every other day. but the fact that it's not as often now doesn't mean that i don't love them as much as before.

maybe sinister doesn't even remember me? well, i remember you and actually i wrote something on my blog recently that i might as well have posted here. the duke, after having been tagged my dimitra daisy, wrote Eight Things People Didn't Know About Me (you already know where to find their writings, don't you?) and i was one of the people he tagged to do it. but i cheated slightly, and wrote Eight Things People Didn't Know About Me & Belle & Sebastian (that's at heavenisabove.blogspot.com).

so what have i done since last time? let's see... i've had and lost a girlfriend, i've lived in glasgow for a year, where i did a radio show at the student radio, i wrote The Rain Fell Down, i've moved back with my parents in my home town, i've gone to the uk twice to play with A Smile and a Ribbon, i've started a new pop club called Don't Die On My Doorstep, met some of the nicest people in world, met "the right girl at the wrong time", seen plenty of foxes in glasgow's west end, met about half of my idols, and more nice people than i though existed in this world. how much of that would have happened without sinister? it's a scary question. the only thing that keeps me from being the happiest sinistereen in the world is that i still miss glasgow more than i can say, and the girl most of my songs are about these days.

i've met a few sinistereens, like stacey, sarah, alasdair from glasgow, the duke, and ken chu of course. but i'm SO looking forward to meeting the rest of you, cause you're all coming aren't you? i wonder what primrose hill would look like, covered with everyone who has ever been on sinister? like summer camp?

i'm flying from gothenburg to glasgow on sunday, and then down to london on friday. anyone traveling from glasgow raise your hands. well, we're probably not on the same flight anyway. shouldn't stuart come too? i'll see if i can kidnap him. just have to bring a REALLY large suitcase.

love,

chris

=