Sinister: I will confess to you

Lorraine Hosie hodottir at xxx.com
Mon Aug 20 22:41:38 BST 2007

Hello Sinisters

Happy birthday for Saturday!  If there would be a cake and candles to blow
out, I wonder what a Sinister wish might be?

Maybe 'I wish I could say the same for you', or 'I wish that you were here
with me to pass the dull weekend', or 'I wish I had two paths I could
follow', or, if you happen to know someone going off to war, then 'I wish
you well but don't be sore if I cheer the other team'?

For me, it would have to be 'You can wish because I'm not here to fool
around', because I won't be fooling around with you all up Primrose Hill,
worse luck.  I'll be in Spain, on a yacht; which is pretty much the least
fitting thing I could possibly be doing on the band's tenth birthday. I feel
quite sorry about it. (Then again I don't because it's HOLIDAYING ON A YACHT
and I can't wait.)

The other thing I'm sorry (and confessing) about is buying an unofficial
'The Life Pursuit' t-shirt off eBay. I couldn't help myself.  Those official
ones are super, but they're awfully short for a 29 year-old midriff that's
less 'washboard', more 'cheeseboard'.  This one is the answer to my fashion
blues.

Florence emailed to tell you about more Sinister babies.  I haven't any;
Sinister or otherwise, but I am thrilled to be Godmother (although this
title is also unofficial - I am popularly known as the 'GodlessMother' -
what would Stuart say?!) to Joe and Flo's eldest, Kitty.  I visited recently
and found her to be marvellous company - definitely a Sinister in the
making, although she's more of an Amy Winehouse fan for now.

So yep, like many others, I rarely post but always read.  I think I signed
up back in about '98-'99, when there was no Facebook or YouTube or Sky TV to
distract me.  Back then I was at Uni; listening to Mark and Lard and getting
tiddled on half a cider. CAN IT REALLY BE TEN YEARS?!  Now I listen to BBC7
and struggle to get tiddled on just one more box of cheap wine.

You've come a long way, baby.  Have a wonderful picnic if you're going to
one - do you think there could be photies, please?  Cos that would be GRATE.

Bye for now.

Love,
Lorraine xx