Sinister: Many of their best songs have '1995' in the lyrics. What will they do in 1996?

FP forestpines at xxx.com
Tue Aug 21 21:35:26 BST 2007

OK, I can't remember off the top of my head if that's the exact quote.*

I can pinpoint exactly the moment I thought: the Sinister Kids have
all grown up.  It was a Sunday, last winter, in the early hours of the
morning.  I was on my way home from my favourite fetish and S&M club,
and had just dropped my friend Marianne off her her house.  I had
another half an hour to get home, on my own, so I turned on the radio.
 It came on to Radio Two, and they were in the middle of playing a
Camera Obscura song.  Bloody hell, I thought.

Back in the day, there was a Fifth Birthday Picnic that I didn't make.
 I went to karaoke a few days before, in a pub lurking in the shadows
by Waterloo Station, but I couldn't make the picnic because I was away
visiting Lutetia.

This weekend, there's a Tenth Birthday Picnic that I can't make.  I'm
away, visiting Lutetia.  I haven't visited at all in the interim
years. Damn you, the cruel hand of coincidence.  This time, I'm going
by plane.  I've never been on a plane before.  Maybe I'm growing up
too.

* from the sleeve notes to Tigermilk, kids, if you didn't recognise it.

--
FP
http://www.symbolicforest.com/blog/