Sinister: It'll Make a Good Song or Something

olivier strawberry_boy at xxx.be
Thu Aug 23 20:59:53 BST 2007

Dear colleagues and friends,

I was planning to write you a few months ago before my recent journeys to
the UK and America. Unfortunately I was too shy to do so. I still had the
chance to meet some of you during my expeditions. It was lovely. Although I
am not directly concerned by this suspicious Baby Boom, I can't imagine what
my life would be like today without Sinister. Sometimes it brings a tear to
my eye to remember the sad loner and social disaster I was before joining
Sinister. Well, I am still as sad and lonely now, but at least I have
someone to moan to. You are good listeners.

Ten years of red underwear.
We are having a picnic together this Saturday. Is it not the same park as
seven years ago? Not that I remember how to get there. It's a good thing
that the Sweden person has found a roof. London is such a rip-off, and it's
all grey and wet. Funnily enough, I will myself be looking for a home on
Saturday night. Would anyone have some floorspace and running water for me?
I'm a good person, who recently gained some valuable experience in
pet-sitting. I will take care of your nasty cats and fat hamsters, entertain
them with Murdoch impressions, and feed them carrot halves in the morning
and hay at night, or conversely. I will provide recommendation and
chocolates if needed. Thanks.

Belle and Sebastian moment.
The boy with the arab strap was played at the Bowery Ballroom last month,
right before the Pelican show, eh. The hairy metal kids around me were not
impressed. Well, Grinderman was my first plan for that night, though they
were opening for some bigger band at the Madison Square Garden, thus it was
a little expensive. Oh well.

I saw you.
I saw you at the Phoenix some time in June. We heard a lot of Belle and
Sebastian there, it was almost embarrassing. You were wearing a white dress
and black trousers. You couldn't find much to say to me but it did not
matter. You were shy, sweet, and pretty, and kind enough to give me your
email address. Now, could you please stop being shy for a moment and write
back to me?

I am not particularly happy with this confusing post. I must run though. I
will try again in a few years. See you on Saturday. x

Olivier
Strawberryhouse.be