Sinister: HBS

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Mon Aug 27 14:35:04 BST 2007

I can't let August 27th go by without posting you see.  Today we're
all 10 years old, and while I wasn't able to go to the picnic,
and admit that I therefore hid from reading all about it a bit to
avoid getting sad, I'm SO pleased you had one.  And I hope you were
socially responsible enough to conceive at least one more Sinister
child sometime during the day.

Without getting all metaphysical on yo ass, my life's changed fairly
radically in the last 3 years, being stuck in the house n all with
illness, but it's not all bad.  I've learned lots about me, and the
people I love most dearly in the world, and a few I lost but still
love, still all come from Sinister.  Isn't it WEIRD?  I started this
thing on a bored Wednesday afternoon and thought it might be "fun" for
a bit, and here I am 10 years on, hardly ever posting, peeking at you
all when I'm not too scared it'll make me sad for what I can't do now,
but still with my whole life (for all life is is people, then music)
gravitating around that odd little decision on a Wednesday afternoon.
Isn't Wednesday usually the day when *nothing happens*?

I owe a lot of you a lot of mails, and at some point you have to admit
that you probably won't send them all, but it won't stop me trying.
I hope those who were waiting 2 years ago will take this as a cheery
wave, I'm still here.  And Sinister's still here, which is *very*
strange.  Even the mailing list archive it still squirreled away in
a perfumed draw at Miss Honey's Sinister Mansion, and ONE day I'll
bring it out, slap it on the web, and receive emails from 40 of you,
all of whom were beaming 15 year olds posting your hearts out in 1997,
and all of whom are now top-drawer international lawyers and CEOs of
major companies, begging me to remove their postings.  Which I won't!
Because what you were when you were 15 was lovely.  And someone will
sue me...

So, today I'll be on and off in the #sinister chat channel, with
auntsadie, if I can wake her up, and if any of you who used to come
along to chat remember who she was.  The irony is that she remembers
all of you and will happily repeat back what you said to her 7 years
ago.  Auntsadie has a very long memory.  It's on the undernet irc
network, and you connect to the room #sinister.  It's still there! I
was reminded of this fact when someone told me a few of you still went.
So I'm going back to it right now, to say happy birthday to whoever
comes and have my own little picnic.  WITH SCONES.

Honey xxx