Sinister: la réponse d'un français- a frenchman's answer...

David Giordanella pimlicoparis at xxx.com
Sun Feb 4 18:19:25 GMT 2007

    Blimey (mince alors): the sore fingers of sinister! i knew you were
kidding indeed...

for a living i work in a modern art museum (bonnard,dufy, soutine, fautrier,
soulages, richter, sigmar polke are some of my faves in the free-access
permanent collections...) what's your occupation?

i've come across sinister because i've been listening to b&s for only ten
years (authentic) so the list was to hit the continent sooner or later &
here i was for the gentle catch...

"piazza, ny catcher", "we rule the school", "the chalet lines", "i'm a
cuckoo", "judy & the dream of horses", "a century of fakers" et caetera: how
couldn't be one moved by all those dreamy classics? i am!

as for french chanson you've got good taste indeed: "paris s'éveille " by
jacques dutronc, c'est du tonnerre (that's dynamite)... if you haven't yet,
check out gainsbourg, sacha distel, france gall, léo ferré, édith piaf of
course, yvette guilbert & much more recently katerine from the "mes
mauvaises fréquentations" era..., vincent delerm, mercedes audras, autour de
lucie, melville, jean bart...

when is valentine's day by the way (in holloway?), i've just forgotten to
remember...

     bon dimanche & à bientôt/david    x