Sinister: Sat Jan 20th - HDIF in central London

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Wed Jan 17 14:48:20 GMT 2007

Hello!

We're very pleased to announce that our guests at the first HDIF of 2007 are
Sergio and Juan Carlos from Valencia's On Air Club. Sergio guested for us at
the Buffalo Bar in 2004 and turned in a superb set, while this is Juan
Carlos's first slot at HDIF (he DJ-ed at Benicassim festival last year, so
expect a brilliant, crowd-pleasing set). I've seen both Sergio and Juan
Carlos DJ three times now, and they're excellent DJs, so we'll be kicking
off the year in style.

Indie song of the week: "Don't Laugh" by Wedding Present
Soul song of the week: "It Ain't Necessary" by Mamie Galore

We haven't had a remit breaker for a while, but I reckon it's time for
another.

Any requests?

PLUS!

A sneak preview of Butcher Boy's debut single has been posted on indie-mp3.
To have a listen, go here -
http://www.indie-mp3.co.uk/2007/01/girls-make-butcher-boy-sick.html
There's also another track, "Keep Your Powder Dry", up on Stereogum
http://www.stereogum.com/archives/004341.html

Tickets for the band's debut London show at the Windmill with Stars Of
Aviation and Pocketbooks (another "Kids At The Club" special!) on Friday
February 9th are selling fast. They're priced £5 and available here -
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/14711

We've spent most of the last week sending out pre-order copies of the
Butcher Boy album. To order a copy, go the HDIF label page, which is at
http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/hdiflabel.html - It's a brilliant, brilliant,
brilliant album. Everyone who's heard it so far has fallen head over heels.

Hope to see you on Saturday!

Ian x

-------------

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Saturday January 20th
The Phoenix, 37 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PP, three minutes walk from
Oxford Circus tube station, 9pm-3am, £4 members, £6 non members. Membership
is free from http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: Sergio and Juan Carlos (On Air Club)

We play:
The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle &
Sebastian * Love * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange
Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The
Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys Midnight
Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * Melba Moore