Sinister: Regret, giro-funded couplets, sensual ambiguity

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Thu Mar 8 14:42:52 GMT 2007

Hello!

There's an amazing review of the Butcher Boy album in this month's Uncut.
Awarding the album 4/5, Chris Roberts writes...

³John Blain Hunt is best known to Glaswegian indie scenesters as a
club-runner. But his band¹s debut, inspired by monochrome movies and bleak
winters, walks the walk, and these cello-and-viola-flecked songs transcend
their Smiths, Tindersticks and Felt influences. ³I Could Be In Love With
Anyone² aches with yearning, while ³Girls Make Me Sick² out-Morrisseys the
man himself: ŒA little pressure on my neck was all I ever wanted¹. Regret,
giro-funded couplets, sensual ambiguity ­ it¹s all here, resurrecting a
great British genre².

Hurrah!

Available for a mere £8.99 from here -
http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/shop.html

The band have added a few more live dates:

Sat March 17th, RoTa at Notting Hill Arts Club, free afternoon show with My
Sad Captains, Airport Girl and Kelman, 4pm-8pm
Fri April 6th, RAFA Club, Glasgow
Wed April 11th, Raynor Lounge, Sheffield, with Monkey Swallows The Universe
Thur April 12th, Jabez Clegg, Manchester, with Amida
Fri April 13th, Luminaire, London, with Cats On Fire and Shimura Curves
Tickets for the April 13th show from here:
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/15551

Ian x