Sinister: Cake and Cocktails

Sunny Set sunnie_set at xxx.com
Tue Apr 29 20:57:36 BST 2008

Dear Sinister,

I'm so glad you are back! Grainne and I were really quite sad when our
picnic post didn't get through to you the other month - especially since
we had told you about all cakes we'd been eating together (there was
cheesecake and millionaire shortbread and doughnuts with jam and cream).
I would hate you to think that all Grainne and I did was eat cake when
were together. No, we also drank cocktails. Very pretty ones, that we
had made ourselves.

I'm very glad you are back now. Well done Honey for mending you! And
just in the nick of time! Now we can all get excited about the 10th
anniversary of the first ever picnic, picnic, together!
It is very exciting! I hear you have things like sun down in London? In
Cumbria we have snow and ice and rain but no sun. Well maybe some sun,
and we haven't had snow for a while now.

As Carsmile Steve mentioned Grainne and I are exciting modern young
people and we created a Facebook event for the picnic:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=10804369038

Grainne taught me how. She is more exciting, modern and young than me.
It is going to be a carnival you know? Facebook doesn't understand about
picnics.

Here is my content for this post:

I woke up to Mr Struan singing "Seeing Other People" this morning on my
ipod alarm clock (you see, I am very exciting and modern). The ipod
alarm clock works by getting louder and louder until you have to reach
over and switch off or turn it down. However today I didn't need to
reach over and turn it down until at least half way through the song. It
takes a lot of turning up to make Belle and Sebastian too loud.

Well enough rambling, I'm off to read the secret histories of
high-earning barristers and such.

See some of you soon, and be thinking about the rest of you always.

Love
Rachel
xx

PS Guess what? I'm a saddo bedroom devotee who now makes saddo bedroom
pop: http://www.last.fm/music/Blackberry+Wine