Sinister: Manger ton croissant

kenneth.chu at xxx.uk kenneth.chu at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 5 14:41:43 GMT 2008

Bonjour!  Ça va?

Erm I've been learning French, lately.  I meant to have done that years ago: it was to be an attempt to woo "Larry the Frog", former member of this parish.  I may have left it a little late now, but it's still fun to learn.

And sorry I hadn't been in touch, lately, it's not because I've been neglecting you, but it's just so difficult to come up with new Belle and Sebastian song title puns these days - I was really excited when I hear of this "Push Barman To Open Old Wounds", briefly thinking it was to be full of new punning material, but in fact it was just all the EPs put together.

I still haven't listened to the Christmas tunes either, that Sam Walton mentioned - as he mentioned the myspace website but I typed in http://www.myspace.com/belleandsebastian I found a Captain Beefheart tribute website!

Now I searched for it properly I realise that I needed to put "theband" in front of it - it makes sense I guess.  However that song is gone :-(  Je suis désolé.

However, from there I found the link to Banchory from there and they have a breathtaking array of merchandise!  A Calendar with Stuart holding a glass to different places in Scotland!  And there's even the Funny Little Frog "Fame Academy"!  Check out the winners - awesome voices!

All of these make me happy, to see my favourite band go from being the little plucky newcomer to now rock stars tour de force.

Way too much Belle and Sebastian stuff in this post.  I'm glad I'm still here, and I hope people will come post again.  It's where we live, afterall.

Je t'adore, sinister
Ken