Sinister: There's a portrait, in a backroom

Eric eric.brasure at xxx.com
Tue Feb 5 20:40:58 GMT 2008

It's so nice to see Sinister alive again! I'm sure it will be
short-lived, like a butterfly, but beautiful and mysterious just the
same.

There, that takes care of the twee quotient.

It's so nice to read others' memories of our fair band. I have so many:

Tigermilk: dorming in downtown Manhattan, the soundtrack to so many
walks through Chinatown, Soho, and the West Village on my way to and
from class

Photo Jenny: the tiny little flat in London I shared with someone from
California, a neighbor starting to dance right at the end when it gets
a little bit techno, her face falling when A Century of Elvis started

Legal Man: the record store I bought it from one early summer day in
Newark, Delaware, a summer home from college

Jonathan David: a short-lived relationship I had, listening to that CD
over and over again as we hid from a New York summer

The Life Pursuit: cold winter mornings commuting to work on the 7
train from Queens, pulling into Grand Central just as "Act of the
Apostle, Part 2" would kick in

And of course:

If You're Feeling Sinister: the first boy I really had feelings for,
the boy that gave me a mixtape whose side A contained an entire album
from this strange band called Belle & Sebastian that he loved. I never
fell in love with the boy, but my relationship with the band is still
going strong, almost 10 years later.

I'm glad it's still going strong for all of you, too.

Best,

Eric

--
"Why are the machines so sad?"