Sinister: Days like diamonds.

Gayle E. Anderson popsingersfear at xxx.com
Tue May 6 15:48:31 BST 2008

Sinister.

Oh! How seeing the archive made me smile!
Although, it seems to have disappeared again.

I was at University when i found the archives were back, on a three hour break between classes.
I attend Heriot-Watt in Riccarton, Edinburgh which is in the middle of sodding nowhere, there is little else to do on three hour breaks except go to the gym or sit on the internet. Except on sunny days, then a walk around campus is another option, it is quite beautiful- although it only kills a little time. Actually, I hate uni and I grudge all the time I spend there, but it is a means to an end and I am prepared to put in the time to get what I want from it.

I had put IYFS on in the car, a day or two prior to the archives being put back. I had just felt like a change and there was nothing else I could be bothered with.
I rarely ever listen to B&S these days, but as I listened to the album that day on my way home from Uni I felt my heart swell, I thought about picnics in parks on sunny days, and how much fun it had all been and all the wonderful people I had the pleasure of meeting. And I remembered the way I used to feel, the way I felt on my way to my first ever picnic, it was everything I though it would be and more. I made some lasting friends, and some that faded away. I remembered stupidly late nights chatting on #sinister and the #sinister stats, it WAS fun and I remember laughing a lot. And I remembered coming across this a while back, I'm almost scared to post it in case it disappears... but it hasn't yet so: http://home.swipnet.se/~w-63235/sinister/people.html
I remembered always having something to do, somewhere to go, somewhere to be and there was always someone there. And it WAS all because of Sinister.

I never thought I would ever remember feeling that way again.
Maybe one day I will even feel that way again.

I was away for a few years, and I stopped going to Glasgow and picnics and meeting new people, and for those few years I forgot all about it. And when I came back, so had most everybody else.

This month sees my 9 year anniversary of my first post on Sinister.
Wow.
Nothing remains the same.

#sinister is still there, and auntsadie still remembers you, come along and say hello.
Who knows who you might end up running into.

post fearless,
Gayle E. Anderson.