Sinister: panic on the streets of London, picnic on the streets of Birmingham

Ian Anscombe dimensionflip at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 24 22:08:06 BST 2009

Hello Sinister-children,

Though none of us are children any more.  We're either grown-ups or
playing at it.  I feel as if I'll always be playing at it, no matter
how grown-up I'm supposed to be.

It has been a long time.  Every time I post on sinister, I decided I'm
going to do it more and then I just........ don't.  Which applies to
so much of my life, I suppose.

Anyway, enough navel-gazing.  There was one good reason for posting:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1131571057&ref=nf#/event.php?eid=52297313786&ref=mf

Just incase you don't subscribe to the corporate behemoth that is
facebook, the event is a sinister picnic in Birmingham.  Rachel and
Grainne have been good enough to come up with the idea - possibly to
overcome the force of inertia that is Ian Anscombe (i.e. me.  Yes, he
refers to himself in the third person now.  Who the fuck does he think
he is?  Apparently, he doesn't know, but he's hoping to find out soon)
err... thread, lost, continue...

Yes, Rachel and Grainne were good enough to suggest it.  It will be
happening on 2nd May, which if I've done my sums right is a week on
SATURDAY.  Ideally, the time to advertise this would have been more
than a week beforehand, but of course I have failed spectacularly to
do this.  For those travelling from (purely for the sake of argument)
Ireland, Carlisle, London, Cardiff, Exeter, Brighton or Colchester
(Ramsdale, you still owe me a visit...) or anywhere else, there is
lots of space in my house.  And it would be nice to see you.  And I
will get out my Bumper Book Of Fun Things To Do In Birmingham.  I
won't read it, but we can marvel at its existence.

Rachel says the list is bouncing.  Will this reach you?  I don't
know...just in case, I won't write any more.

A wise man once said that, at some point in their life, every man
visits Birmingham.
And then he goes home.
He didn't mention women.  Perhaps he didn't know any.

Come, join, Love, Birmimgham, Yes.  Nice.

xx
Ian