Sinister: Longing for Latitude

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Jul 14 13:05:52 BST 2010

Hello Sinister
Is this thing on? Or this one? Anyway.
Belle & Sebastian were, alongside Pulp, my favourite band of my teenage years. Some of you might already know that, and those with an inquisitive streak can confirm it with a quick peek at the archives. So it's with interest that I'll see the band again, ten years since I first did (and five years since I last did), this weekend at Latitude – yes, I'm coming, despite scepticism about reviews describing Latitude as a bit sedate, expensive and needlessly civilised.
The only reason why I'm mentioning this on the list is to find out if any other Sinistereens will be in attendance. Back in the ol' days, when a B&S gig was quite an occasion, we used to meet up for a beer beforehand, and everyone would stare at their feet not saying anything until Mark Casorotto got angry and started calling everyone twee fuckers (something which, I must stress, I both enjoyed and admired). Any plans for something similar this time round? They are, after all, *headlining* the bloody thing.
Sheesh - that last sentence would've been a weird one to type ten years ago.
That's all. *For now*.

Sam.x