Sinister: American Pernod with your older sister

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Mon Jul 19 14:33:53 BST 2010

Hello again Sinister

As the Pinefox has just so ably pointed out, in a break from proofreading his book to proofread my emails (and I am grateful to him for it):
>The song about the frog is called 'Funny Little Frog'.Of course, it is (although I dispute whether the song is about an actual frog). However, on the set list I pilfered, it very clearly says "funny looking frog" (all in lower case, in a variation of Clarendon by the looks of things, font fans). Had I registered this error when transcribing, instead of just soldiering on, I would've added the word 'sic' in square brackets, so the fault is both mine and the writer of the set list. Perhaps Belle & Sebastian aren't so aware of the correct names of their extensive catalogue these days.

In other proofreading news, there were two erroneous inclusions of the word "an" in my previous post too - award yourself a listen to your favourite two Belle & Sebastian songs if you managed to spot them.

Love, again,

Sam.x