Sinister: Wrote about it

Laurel Violet laurelviolet at xxx.com
Mon Oct 11 19:09:19 BST 2010

I love you, Sinister, and I'm writing about it.

I was innerlemming or lem or Laurel, and I was living in Chicago and I
met and had good times with many of you, and then I broke my own heart
and someone else's and ended up in Austin.

Since I left you I met and married and now I've divorced and I'm
finding my way back to the things I loved, and one of them is you
(apologies, Carly Simon). New B&S albums always seem to come when I
need them most and now is good.

And I'm so cheered to see that Sinister is still here and it's the
same, and the old folks are still kicking around here (Ken Chuuuuuu!),
and we've got new songs to discuss and new days to Do Something Pretty
in, and oh, Sinister, you'll always take me in.

Tomorrow I have a long date with "Write About Love" -- I'm stubbornly
putting off streaming it on NPR as sacrilegious, it's strictly a
Tuesday-release-day-ritual thing -- and I'm sure I'll babble about the
album then, but this about love is all about you.

Laurel