Sinister: for fans only

Nick Cubley nickcubley at xxx.uk
Sat Sep 25 10:26:10 BST 2010

For Fans Only requires your thoughts on the words and music of Glasgow’s popular music band, Belle and Sebastian.

The idea is simple: we need to hear how individual songs have affected you, inspired you, frustrated you, delighted you. What do Stuart’s lyrics mean to you? How did you discover this most inspirational of bands? What do the songs mean to you? What we’re really interested in is the personal reaction, the unique experiences that these beautiful songs have soundtracked over the past 15 years.

What we hope to do is to allow the responses to trickle in over the next few months, collate them and publish them, with all of you being able to tell your own individual stories about the songs. Ideally we would like to publish them in a physical format, but that really depends on you and the quality of your responses. They can be anonymous if you so wish, but what finer way to get your name in print than with a celebration of Glasgow’s finest?

If you’re a storyteller, you might think you’re without responsibility, but you owe it to yourself.

Write about love at the email address below.

forfansonly at ymail.com