Sinister: of playlists and corrections

alistair fitchett unpopular at xxx.com
Sun Apr 12 10:38:22 BST 2015

I’m glad to see that the playlist has been corrected from the uncorrected proof that I read, and that Blue Aeroplanes have been reinstated as the purveyors of ‘Veils of Colour’ in place of Felt. Two tracks in a row by the same group would of course break one of the key rules of mixtapes. If rules existed. Which of course they do. I am playing the mix right now. It makes me feel simultaneously horrifically old and deliciously happy.

In other ‘corrections’ news, I should point out that in my wee report back about the book I said it was released the day after my birthday. This was in fact an inaccuracy based solely on my inability to read a calendar. The book is actually released the day BEFORE my birthday. So there’s a chance someone might buy a copy for me, thereby allowing me to spend my birthday money on something else entirely. Like some swedgers*, for example.

You really all ought to enter the competition because the tote bag is just this season's thing for toting about all your hipster belongings. I used mine yesterday to transport provisions from the local farm shop. And yes, there was a copy of The Guardian in there too. I am such a stereotype.

Is the sun shining where you are? It is here. I might even go out and see if it warms me a little.

cheerio
The Duke
xx

*swedgers = Glasgow talk for sweeties. Well, it was Glasgow talk for sweeties when i was there. Fashions may have changed.

www.unpopular-culture.com
the home of unpopular culture