Sinister: the catcher hits for 318

Jonathan Skinner jonathan.skinner at xxx.com
Mon Apr 13 07:33:02 BST 2015

Dear Sinister,

I am just in the door after transversing the transbay tube from
Berkeley back to San Francisco.

Belle and Sebastian played a blinder - We got on stage for Boy with
the Arab Strap, but alas brunch and mimosa's kept me from being up to
be on stage for the whole show.

I was sad and happy at the same time, I teared up during "dirty dream"
and 90% of the tears were of happiness - thinking about where I was
when I first heard that song, how B&S was my first ever concert way
way back in Dublin when Stuart smashed his guitar. Thinking about how
their albums moved with me through sad times and happy times and now
much happier times. Basically thinking how everyone of those artists
on stage meant a lot to me, and seeing them playing in the greek
theater with Venus and Jupiter shining on them ( i checked - they were
the real stars we could see)

I also now am thinking how those mimosas and subsequent $12 glasses of
wine at the venue are going to hold me in bad stead for my 7am meeting
tomorrow. But alas, that is hours away, and all I can think about is
the fact that they ended with La Pastie

Love

Jonathan