Sinister: It was 18 years ago today (ish)

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Mon Feb 16 16:44:22 GMT 2015

Darlings,

I feel like I'm just testing the door to an old room in an attic I
forgot was there and wondering if I still have the key. A few people
have asked me if Sinister is still working in the light of the new
album's appearance - or to be quite honest, told me it's not. So I'm
here with my spanners to see if I can make it work again. I'd also like
to tell you all about Stuart David's forthcoming book which I can attest
is fantastic. But I'll get round to that when I can make this mail
successfully negotiate the round trip and return to my mailbox.

If any of you have been tentatively pushing at the doors of Sinister to
see if it's alive and have received errors or anything I might find
useful in my blind stumblings at adequacy please send them to me at this
address.

Sinister is a very odd thing these days: born in 1997 when the Internet
was only there for people with dialup or students with Netscape at
University and something that I couldn't bring myself to either remove
or update because we all hate it when our favourite pub gets made over
with a lunchtime menu and reproduction pine chairs. As such the website
stands as a monument to terrible web design and history, and is probably
one of the few websites in Europe that doesn't need a cookie consent box
because I didn't have a clue what a cookie was when I made it. And the
list - contains the formative years of many people's lives along with a
broken search engine. I keep meaning to fix that too.

If any of you do happen to get this and feel like posting something
about the new album, Stuart David or your favourite cheese, please do.
Let's just say I'm unlikely to be enforcing list rules in quite the
ambitious way I used to in 1997. If any people do show an interest I'll
throw my lot in and remove the nursery and the need to send plain text
mails, but I promise you I won't be updating the website.

Honey