Sinister: La Pastie de San Francisco

Jonathan Skinner jonathan.skinner at xxx.com
Tue Feb 17 20:23:50 GMT 2015

Oh dear God

the ghosts of my past are resurrected, and in this case - I like it.

I am writing this from a business hotel in Warsaw. I've lived, I've
loved and now I am in a career. I started with sinister as a child
finding his place in the world, now I'm a 30 year old on a business
trip in a cold city, far from my life in the US and still listening to
Belle and Sebastian albeit in my hotel room as I try and ignore my jet
lag.

A lot has happened -finished secondary school, graduated university,
worked in IT across three continents and now married to a woman I
love. Yet I think fondly of my dear sinister - a penpal,  agony aunt
and textual comic to my teenage and college years. Every so often, i
browse the archives and see what I was and who we were and reflect on
what I have become. I like myself and sinister has a huge
responsibility for that - i was not alone in my bedroom in Cork,
Ireland. I was part of the best internet community that ever was and
ever will be - and we have honey to thank for that.

I also think a lot of everyone - lives lived in front of me in binary
and email address, lives i followed religiously and are part of my
fabric but no longer part of my present.

Now, I live in San Francisco - happy working for a corporate entity
that I know cares little about me as a person but has afforded me and
my wife a life that we love in a city that we both call home.

If anyone is attending the Berkeley Greek Theater concert....we must
have a meet up.