Sinister: Dear Colostomy Receptionist..

Adrian Evans adrian.evans at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 20 19:41:32 GMT 2015

It's been three score years and seven since I first stepped into your
waiting room (baby) assaulting your somewhat delicate senses and frankly
nothing much (about me) has changed.

I'd love to update you on that last fifteen years with something
wonderfully poetic but that's just not me.

I've mostly been on a nostalgia trip, reliving my naughty teens/early
twenties in some mid-life crisis.  Much to the disdain of Keith, following
PWEI and the Wonderstuff like some proper indie kid but more like an
embarrassing Dad.

Next month I get to go to Bristol with my soon to be 15 year old daughter
to play chaperone at some metal core gig. That'll be fun...when it stops.
Those 15 years have flown by and I'm a lucky man despite the bollocks life
chucks at you.

Next up after that B&S at Colston Hall for the first time since Shepherds
Bush in when? 1998 maybe? Salad days indeed.

I still work for Devon County but no longer have the pleasure of seeing
what roadkill has been scraped off the A38 this week.  No, nothing is quite
as exciting as that these days but I'll take longevity over excitement for
now.

My proudest achievement in those 15 years (apart from the kids, wife, house
etc) is that I have managed to stop watching television. It's amazing how
much time I have on my hands to do other dull stuff. On the flip side don't
ask me on your pub quiz team!