Sinister: Happy 19th, Sinister

Honey honey at xxx.org
Thu Aug 25 04:47:31 BST 2016

It's still the 24th August in some parts, so I'd like to wish those still with us a very happy 19th Sinister birthday. Given that I've just moved the list from a big whirring commercial server in America to a tiny computer you can hold in your palm, I should probably keep this short in case it falls flat on its face.

If you *do* get this, a few things changed, but you can see it all on the new compact but still crappy webpage at:

http://missprint.org/sinister/

including news that we might be now the longest running mailing list for a band on the Internet (now that I see the longer-running XTC one moved to Facebook, not that I'm pleased about that or anything). We probably aren't. There's probably an older Grateful Dead one.

Given that it's easier to leave now, some of you might. That's ok! But given that you don't have to do nonsense like send plain text anymore and you can move your email addresses etc via the web, you could stick around or even say hi sometime. Or just keep that cosy feeling that you're still a member of something that happened in 1997.

As I said elsewhere, Sinister started as a mailing list about Belle and Sebastian, quickly became a mailing list about people who like Belle and Sebastian, and is now at the time of writing I suppose a mailing list about people with an affection for a mailing list about Belle and Sebastian. It's very quiet, but still here to thrill and/or embarrass you with your own past history. Sometime, have a peek in the archives to see what you like back then.

Happy Birthday,
Honey x