Sinister: OV6am

Jamie H sideburnsjim at xxx.com
Thu Aug 25 14:09:23 BST 2016

I always smile when these very infrequent posts from Honey (and all you
lot!) come through.  it's akin to hearing about an old friend from back in
the day and getting news that they are still well and plodding on.

I hear B&S have a new song out.  I haven't actually *heard it yet though.
I guess I'm not as bothered as I used to be?  it's about the Olympics
though, and they were great at distracting us from the shite of other
worldly things that distract us, so that was good.   I spent ages (at least
two minutes) trying to come up with a witty and sufficiently dirty sounding
acronym for the single, but failed.  I'll leave that to someone else.

I re-re-re-re-read Young and Foolish a couple of months ago and it still
brings back great memories of the list in the day, music in general and the
feeling of addiction to a band that people still subscribed to this list
will undoubtedly feel about B&S.
Recommended reading to anyway who hasn't.

Music tastes change over time, but for the first time I think since the B&S
days I'm obsessed with a band to a similar extent - they are Martha.
obviously they are nothing like B&S.. They are a bit shouty as my mum would
say.  I do however get that same feeling from hearing a new song from them
as I did back when TWATTYBUS came out.

anyway, this has been written on the 13:46 train from Euston to Milton
Keynes, and we will soon arrive so I will press send.

To the next 19 years!

Jamie