Sinister: My claim for a Sinister trainspotter award

Marcelo Miguel marcelo.miguel at xxx.com
Mon Sep 5 13:45:44 BST 2016

It was a hard task, but I was finally able to make the list. The songs
are ordered as if I was going to record it in a mix tape. I have to say
it was really fun to make it. It's been a while since I listened to some
of the records, so I was able to remember some tunes that I haven't
listened properly recently. I hope you like it.

Side A:

1. My wandering days are over

2. Ease Your Feet In The Sea

3. There's Too Much Love

4. The Everlasting Muse

5. Lord Anthony

6. Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John

Side B:

1. Is It Wicked Not To Care?

2. If You Find Yourself Caught In Love

3. Act Of The Apostle Part 2

4. Mary Jo

5. Judy And The Dream Of Horses

Love,

Miguel

Em 31/08/2016 16:47, alistair fitchett via Sinister escreveu:

> Being pedantic, one could not in all honesty follow the rules and it still remain an 'all time best-of', don't you think? However, it's rather a charming idea and not being able to ever escape the appeal of making a mix, here is my eleven song playlist. I've even sifted it so that it's not strictly chronological. I think it plays through rather marvellously. You may choose to disagree. That is your prerogative. But you would, of course, be wrong.
>
> The State I Am In
> Another Sunny Day
> Like Dylan In The Movies
> Sukie In The Graveyard
> Enter Sylvia Plath
> I Want The World To Stop
> Piazza, New York Catcher
> I Don't Love Anyone
> Simple Things
> If You Find Yourself Caught In Love
> Judy and the Dream of Horses
>
> Who else is going to play this diverting little game?
>
> The Duke
> xx
>
> www.unpopular-culture.com [1]
> the home of unpopular culture
>
> On 30 Aug 2016, at 07:05, B. Clay Moore via Sinister <sinister at lists.missprint.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Bruno Gomes via Sinister <
> sinister at lists.missprint.org> wrote:
>
> 1 - Would you all please send your opinions on what would be your B&S all
> time bestof? But with "some constraints" (so the thing gets balanced
> through ALL the discography), like so:
> - the elegible records are the 8 studio albums (i.e. no EPs, singles, or
> soundtracks)
> - you must pick (at least) 1 track from each record
> - you must come up with a total of 11 tracks OR 46 minutes total running
> time (yes, the average number of tracks and running time of said 8 studio
> albums)
>
> What an absolutely impossible task! But as an obsessive list maker, I
> couldn't resist:
>
> 1. Expectations
> 2. She's Losing It
> 3. Stars of Track and Field
> 4. Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
> 5. If You're Feeling Sinister
> 6. The Boy With the Arab Strap
> 7. Waiting For the Moon to Rise
> 8. I'm a Cuckoo
> 9. Roy Walker
> 10. Funny Little Frog
> 11. I Didn't See It Coming
> 12. Nobody's Empire
>
> 2- Well, the same as 1, but for the "worst of".
>
> Tried. Couldn't bring myself to do it.
>
> Hopeless.
>
> --
> "sinsietr is a bit freaky" - stuart david, looper
> "legion of bedroom saddo devotees" "peculiarly deranged fanbase"
> "pasty-faced vegan geeks... and we LOST!" - NME April 2000
> "frighteningly named Sinister List organisation" - NME May 2000
> "sick posse of f**ked in the head psycho-fans" - NME June 2001
> Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa
> Snipp snapp snut, sa var sagan slut!
"sinsietr is a bit freaky" - stuart david, looper
> [...]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.unpopular-culture.com
[2] http://www.bclaymoore.wordpress.com